Applicable to all distance riding sports:
- Open to all equine breeds
- All riders must wear a helmet (No Exception)
- Juniors (16 and under) must ride with adult sponsor unless 14 years of age with 300 competitive miles and a permission letter from their legal guardian.
- No medications allowed (except fly spray)
- Oral supplements allowed (electrolytes, vitamins,etc.)
- No abuse of horses or competitors tolerated
- Riders and horses considered in competition from pre-ride to post-ride vet check.
- All judging will be performed by qualified vets (except Mounted Relay).
- Each division will be awarded rosettes to 5th place (per ride) (except Mounted Relay).
- Members collect points from each ride towards year end awards (Points not transferable between divisions/sports)
- Mileage will be accumulated with badges and pins awarded at year end for 150 miles, 300 miles, 500 miles, 750 miles, etc.
- Plaques awarded at 1000 miles.
- All horses and riders are required to have a really good time!
MTRC follows the rules established by the national or North American organizations for each sport:
For full Competitive Trail Riding MTRC Rule Book click here , The book contains also the scoring charts and score card.
For Endurance rides, see http://www.endurancecanada.ca/rules.htm
There are of course some local rules which supersede those above, including mandatory helmet use by all competitors, and the requirement to be a member in good standing of the Manitoba Horse Council (for insurance purposes).