Join MTRC on Saturday, July 24 for our first ride of 2021!
Here are some important details:
- Registration opens on Monday, July 5. Please go to http://mbtrailridingclub.ca/event-schedule-2021/ to register. You need to register by Wednesday, July 21. No walk ups are allowed.
- Location: Maps and directions to the ride camp will be posted when they are available. Maps of the 10 and 15 mile loops will also be provided when they are finalized. You’ll have them before the day of the ride.
- Camping over Friday to Saturday: If you want to camp, you need to contact the ride manager, Linda Gillies. You can PM her through FB or email her at email@example.com
- Start times: 40 miles start at 8 am, 25 at 9 am, and 15 and 10 miles at 10 am. However, these times might change if the forecast calls for a hot and humid day.
- Trail/loops: Although there will be some riding around farmers’ fields, there will be more through a marshy area with grassy footing. One loop has two miles of sandy hills and the other loop has two miles of wooded areas along with the sandy hills. There will be a need to cross gravel roads a few times, but there is otherwise no distance on gravel.
- Covid safety: This ride will have a Covid Compliance Officer to ensure we are complying with all provincial rules.You must wear a mask for your vet checks, but you can be without a mask at your trailer or when mounted. Please ensure you social distance. There will be no awards presentation on the day of the ride. Results will be posted within one week of the ride. Every rider and crew member will need to bring a copy of their signed Covid Compliance form before they will be allowed to park. Extra copies will be provided if you can’t print one or if you forget it on the kitchen table. We will provide hand sanitizer.
- Water: Please ensure you have enough water for you and your equine as we cannot guarantee that water will be provided on site.
- General ride updates: We will update any ride information as needed. Please check in every couple of days in case something changes.
- Questions? Please send your ride questions directly to the ride manager, Linda Gillies through Messenger.
This is last year’s map to ride camp. It will likely be the same, but it might change, so be sure to check the event page before you set off!
Important! On the map it says “turn right” but you will turn left! Left is west.