General “Resource Guide for Horseback Riding” – with thanks to students of Ms.Ainsworth’s class , June 2018
What to take with you – lists of suggested gear, horse and person, for day rides as well as for camping with your horse.
Travel Manitoba – maps & information on campground etc.
Spruce Woods Park – Trails Map https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404845709785503/permalink/2900556210214438/ – Manitoba Trails Document, created by Kari Hasselriis
Travelling with horse in N. America?
Check out these sites for information on trails and bed & bale places.
We offer the following links as possibly helpful information to the horse owner and rider. Content and quality of the information is neither endorsed or discredited, but is to the viewers discretion.
- Manitoba Equine Directory A source to find services, products and training etc.
- Manitoba Horse Council
- Distance Riders of Manitoba
- North American Trail Ride Conference
- B.C. Competitive Trail Riders Association
- Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association (OCTRA)
- Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Association
- Manitoba Recreational Trails Association (MRTA) They are working with the Trans Canada Trail to complete and promote the TCT across Manitoba and are hoping a link here would assist trail riders in their search for some good trails in the province.