Manitoba Trail Riding Club
May 23, 2019
Location: Terry McKee’s Residence, Springfield, MB
Meeting called to order at 6:35 p.m.
Attendance: Iris Oleksuk, Angela Roberts, Terry McKee, Susan Heald, Linda Gillies, Mary Anne Kirk, Brenda Tolpa, and Carrie Schellenberg Wilson.
No additions to the agenda.
Meeting minutes adopted as read by Linda, seconded by Susan, carried.
$2,178.11 GIC, $3,812.95 Chequing.
Membership: 23 single, 4 family = 31 total
Money received from MHC $350.00 top up from request submitted in Dec. 18.
$26.25 – Permit for Spruce Woods
$189.50 – Clinic, Susan
$400.00 – Website, Nichaela Forde
$41.02 – Photo album, Brenda
Motion to accept, Terry and Angela, carried.
|Clinic: Distance Rides 101||Well-organizedFour new membershipsFilled up some volunteer spots for upcoming ridesGood information, lots of good questions askedSome felt that we should have charged a small admission fee|
Discussion about the possibility of hosting routine clinics in the spring, different topics.
|Ride Manager’s Handbook||Susan Heald has revised and sent to Iris. Iris has reviewed and will send to Angela for further editing.||SusanIrisAngela|
|Ride Updates||Sandilands – Potential issue with Sandilands venue as the local ATV club is putting on their “Ride for Mom” event in the same area (400+ ATVs). Iris is currently looking for alternate staging area and trails.|
BHP – Shannon not available for update. Iris will get in touch with her.
Belair – Susan will contact local ATV club to ensure that there is no event at that time.
MEC – Iris is still scheduled as Day Manager, looking for someone who would like to take the position as she would like to ride.
Spruce Woods – Requested cheque to pay for permit. Paperwork is complete. Once permit is received, Angela will contact Friends of Spruce Woods and re-confirm with the vet.
|Clothing Order||Hoping to have clothing order available for distribution at the first ride in Sandilands.||Tammy|
|Ribbons||Done. Iris will keep and distribute at rides.||Iris|
|Score Cards||Done. Iris will keep and distribute at rides.||Iris|
|Proof of Coggins||Has been added to the registration forms and is available on the website. Riders will be REQUIRED to provide a paper copy at each event to prevent miscommunication for the upcoming ride season. EVERYONE brings a paper copy for the ride officials to update the ride entry form at EACH event.|
|Photo Album update||Iris will send out an email requesting any photos from any ride since 2016 to be sent to Brenda.||IrisBrenda|
|Bag Fundraiser||Mary Anne had not received fundraiser money from the tack sale at this time. Carrie will follow up.||Carrie|
|Horse Journal Magazines||Horse Journal Magazine will mail out 90 copies to provide to our riders at the first three rides. They will also be providing something for our volunteers at no cost.|
|MHC AGM||Iris attended the MHC AGM, notes:Awards were presentedRequirement for Concussion Code of Conduct for clubs under MHC. MTRC will need to look into this – deferred50/50 tickets, clubs asked to participate in the sale of tickets to raise money for a facility vehicle, draw will be done at MEC MEC (Sep 21-22) has been given a reboot. The teams will be designated differently, among other changes|
Next meeting: 26 June at Smitty’s in Selkirk, 6 p.m.
Motion to adjourn made by Susan, seconded by Angela, carried.
Meeting adjourned: 7:57 p.m.