Manitoba Trail Riding Club
Meeting Minutes Thursday April 11, 2018
Location: Kelli Hayhurst’s home
Attendance: Terry McKee, Evelyn Allen, Mary Anne Kirk, Tania A. Steele, Darice Whyte, Brenda Tolpa, Theresa Chabot, Angela Roberts, Susan Heald, Tammy Storie, Kelli Hayhurst, Iris Oleksuk, Linda Cruden and Janine Thomson.
Meeting called to order: 6:38 PM
Review of Meeting Minutes February 24, 2018: Motion to accept the minutes as written by Janine Thomson and Iris Oleksuk. Carried
Treasurer’s Report: GIC $2167.27
Membership – 17 Single, 5 Family for a Total of 27
Motion to accept Treasurer’s report by Angela Roberts and Iris Oleksuk. Carried
Bills: $347.31 to Iris Oleksuk for Ribbons
$394.20 Directors Insurance
Motion to accept bills by Linda Cruden and Iris Oleksuk. Carried
- Old Business: June 16 ride at Birds Hill Park will be marked by Shannon Yaskiw and day Manager will be Mary Anne Kirk. Linda Cruden and Janine Thomson have offered to be ride mentors for the 10 mile newbie’s.
- Linda Cruden will confirm with MHC about who will be obtaining a vet for the MEC.
- Kelli Hayhurst to update flash drive handed in by Tammy Storie for Linda Cruden.
- All ribbons for the 2018 season have been obtained by Iris Oleksuk.
- Year end awards will be tabled until October meeting and Iris Oleksuk will purchase them.
- Souris Bend donation cheque was confirmed as mailed by Linda Cruden.
- Kelli Hayhurst will co-ordinate with Shannon Yaskiw to make sure permit for June Birds Hill Park ride is in place and find out about booking hunter ring.
- Paint night has 2 registered and paid people to date. Janine Thomson will post on website.
- Elevator ride is to be paid after ride and only completion will be awarded, no placing.
- Coggins test will be required for the 2018 season. Darice Whyte has co-ordinated Dr Glenn Sinclair to meet at the East Gate of Birds Hill Park on April 21 between 10 to 12 noon to draw blood and paperwork for coggins testing. RSVP to Dr Glenn Sinclair and/or Darice Whyte if you will be attending
- New Business: Ride managers must use their discretion with juniors to allow slight variations for safety to encourage ridership.
- Score cards are on order and should be ready for the week of April 15, 2018.
- Kelli Hayhurst will send the MTRC welcome package to Linda Cruden, Iris Oleksuk and Janine Thomson to review.
- The Distance Riders of Manitoba will be having a meeting on Wednesday April 11, 2018 at Maura Leahy’s home.
- Next Meeting: May 10, 2018 6:00 pm at Iris Oleksuk’s home near Stonewall, Manitoba